My life in posts

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Back from Tenerife

Hey everybody!

I know it's been ages since my last post (sorry^^"), but now I'm back with some nice pictures from my two-week holiday on Tenerife!!! It was really relaxing and so much fun and I met loads of new friends. Look at the pictures, imagine the sound of the sea and enjoy ~



This was the view from our balcony...soooo nice^^

This is one of the swimming-pools at night.


Gigantic cactus and me^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to show you guys some more pictures but unfortunately blogger won't really let me...maybe I'll post some more later!

Well well...now that university is over until october, my days are really relaxed lately. Yesterday I spent the whole day (after picking up my visa for China) together with a friend from my Chinese-class (Clemens) in a Beachclub down by the river Elbe. And it's just soooo nice there. The sand is like on a caribbean beach and they have unbelievably comfortable couches there. We spent nearly the whole day doing absolutely NOTHING, which was really nice haha^^
Sunday, when Max from Taiwan is here, we're all gonna go there again. I am already looking forward to that!

Favourite song this week:
»Layla« by Eric Clapton
Since the song plays a role in the manga »NANA«, and I didn't remember the tune, I went to a store and listened to it. And now that I have the song on my PC I love it so much!
In the manga, there's this girl whose father named her after the song, so whenever she's sad, she listens to it cause it makes her feel calm. And as she's really down, a good friend of her learns to play it on the guitar and then comes to her appartment to play it for her. I love the scene.

What I am reading:
I read »Kare First Love 6« today. I love that manga, since it shows the daily life and problems of a japanese couple experiencing first love. It is so cute and many of the shops or actions in the story remind me of my holidays in Taiwan^^

I'm also reading »Hitched« by Zoe Barnes and »The meaning of Tingo«, which is a book with extraordinary words from around the world. Some of the words are really funny, e.g. tingo is a Pascuense word from Easter Island meaning »to borrow things from a friend's house one by one until there's nothing left«. In this manner the book presents several expressions from different languages, which is quite funny. My favourite one is koro (Japanese): the hysterical belief that one's penis is shrinking into one's body hahaha ^______________^ The Japanese are really weird ~
For more information you might go to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4248494.stm or just have a look on google....

What annoys me:
My arm still hurts from this stupid immuinzation I needed for China >.<

6 comments:

Cloemi said...

Beachclub... doing nothing...
I remember, and yes it was fun!
Always ready to repeat it! :)

Greetings and Good night!

Anonymous said...

ahhh ich will auch in diesen beachclub!!!

Anonymous said...

hi there!
your vacation seems to have been pretty cool!^^
i know we won´t have to go studying for another 2 months, quick question though..
have you received your chinese name yet? i´d love to hear it! clemens, have you?
mine is han lei. (yeah i know, sounds like hen lei - but i´m not tired!!)it actually has a great meaning, i´ll tell you more about it later.

Min Min said...

Hey! What a surprise to hear from you! Yeah, it's true, my vacation was a lot of fun.
I have received my chinese name yet, it's 魏思敏 Wei si min, although I also like 雅明 a lot, so I can't decide which one I should take >.<
What do you mean?
See you in China haha^^

Min Min said...

I meant, what do you think...about my chinese name...

Anonymous said...

your name sounds great. and though i dont know the meaning, i kinda sounds like it really does fit on you!
in chinese letters my name ist 韓 蕾。han in rising tone and lei in falling and rising tone.
cloemi, what about your name?

by the way, you schould really check this out:
on this website, youtube.com, you search for "average asian" and you´ll get some videos from this show called "mad tv" - it´s sooo funny! it´s about haidiki, this asian guy, who was born in america, who has to live with all these stereotypes. it JUST cracks you up!everybody´s like:"hi ninja, make us some sushi, give me a massage, fix my nike shoes, repair my computer, play pingpong with me, do some origami.." seriously, check it out!best medicine for a bad day!